Search This Blog

April 02, 2010

The Meaning of Service

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service." 

"It's the act of doing things for other people." Then I heard these terms which reference the word service: 


Internal Revenue Service
 
Postal Service
Telephone Service
Bus 
Service

Civil Service
Public Service
Customer Service
Service Stations 

Then I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant. 


So today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to "service" a few of his cows. Suddenly, it all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are all about. 


I hope you now are as enlightened as I am.


--
"It is no use speaking in soft, gentle tones if everyone else is shouting". 

No comments:

कंजूस

*☺☺ हंस लें थोड़ा सा ☺☺* एक दिन एक बहुत बड़े कजूंस  के घर में कोई मेहमान आया! कजूंस ने अपने बेटे से कहा "आधा किलो बेहतरीन मिठाई ले आओ।&q...